Are you ready to wrap up the semester? Let’s review our agenda for the next two weeks:
As we briefly discussed last week, our Tuesday sessions will begin fifteen minutes later than usual. In other words, we’ll begin our 2:30 pm session at 2:45 pm, and our 4:00 pm session at 4:15 pm. But our Thursday sessions will begin at our regularly scheduled times.
We won’t schedule any advance reading assignments this week. Thus, each quiz will only cover the content that we discussed during the previous session.
Incidentally, I summarized last week’s Common Grounds Cafe content (that I wrote on the whiteboard) in a MS Word handout entitled Common Grounds. You can download the handout from our blog’s Documents folder.
Please keep in mind that we discussed slightly different material in our two class sessions last Thursday. Our 2:30 pm class discussed the coffee selling business at Common Grounds, and our 4:00 pm class discussed the weekly performance event business. Although I summarized all of our discussions in the MS Word handout, for quiz taking purposes, you might find it helpful to attend the same section this Tuesday that you did last Thursday.
Final Exam Week
Your term project and extra credit submissions are group activities, and thus should be uploaded to your group folders. Your make-up submissions are individual activities, and thus should be sent to me via email.
There is one exception. If you are a “group of one,” you can (if you wish) upload your make-up submissions to your folder and still maintain your privacy.
I’ll respond to each student with a “confirmation of receipt” email message within 24 hours of the submission deadline. You must respond to my message immediately if you believe that I have not received some element of your work.
And when is your work due? Unfortunately, that’s a bit complicated …
1. According to our Course Series Chart, our 2:30 pm section is Series N and our 4:00 pm section is Series U.
2. According to our Final Exam Schedule, Series N’s exam occurs at 8:30 am on Friday 12/15, and Series U’s exam occurs at 4:00 pm on Thursday 12/14.
3. So our 2:30 pm class section’s work is due on Friday at 8:30 am, and our 4:00 pm class section’s work is due on Thursday at 4:00 pm. However, term project groups with at least one 2:30 pm section student and one 4:00 pm section student must submit all group work at the earlier time, i.e. on Thursday.
Finally, here are a couple of clarifications about our term project:
1. Yes, I regret that you must include all of the rows and columns of your transaction analysis “Value Chart” in all of your Chapter 03 and 04 Notes work.
2. However, your “first year of operations” need not necessarily stretch for a full twelve months if your business is seasonal, or if you expect to demonstrate the long term sustainability of your business in less than twelve months. I’ll discuss these distinctions in detail on Tuesday.
See you then … for our final week of class meetings! 🙂